Meet our Governors
The Governing Body has a general responsibility for seeing that the school is run effectively, acting within the framework set by legislation and the policies of the Local Authority (LA), so that it provides the best possible education for its pupils. They are not expected to take detailed decisions about the day-to-day management of the school; that is the job of the Headteacher.
Our Powers and Duties
- Helping to establish (with the Head-teacher) the aims and policies of the school, and how the standards of education can be improved.
- Deciding the conduct of the school, that is, how in general terms it should be run.
- Helping to draw up (with the Head-teacher and staff) the School Development Plan.
- Helping to decide how to spend the school’s budget.
- Making sure that the National Curriculum and religious education are taught.
- Selecting the Head.
- Appointing, promoting, supporting and disciplining other staff.
- Acting as a link between the local community and the school.
- Drawing up the action plan after an inspection and monitoring how the plan is put into practice.
To ensure that the work of the Governing Body is effectively carried out, a number of committees have been created. Each committee has a specific area of responsibility and some delegated powers. All committees report to, and are responsible to the full Governing Body. The committees are Finance & Resources and Pupils & Curriculum.
Chair: Mr David Chandler
Vice-Chair: Mrs Jenny Pickard
Clerk to Governors: Mr Neil Chilton
- Mrs Janet Dickson (Headteacher)
- Vacancy (Staff Representative)
Co-Opted Governor: Mrs Victoria Shepherd (Deputy Headteacher)
LA Governor: Mr Jon Williams (Chair of Finance & Resources)
- Mr David Chandler (Chair of Governors)
- Mr Roger Smale
- Mrs Jennifer Pickard
- Mrs Adele Moore
- Mrs Alison Walker
- Mrs Deyo Lijofi
- Mrs Idara Udoh
Please find below the governors’ impact statement for 2019-20
Download: Governors Impact Statement 2019-20
Please download as required. Paper copies of all documents are available from the school office.