Our Vision and Values
Our Vision Statement: “Rooted in Christ, Growing Together.”
Holy Trinity Primary School is a place where we hold our Christian Character very dear. We aim to provide an education of the highest quality, in a Christian context, and promote Christian values by offering broad and rich experiences. This will then prepare all of our children to be happy, successful adults who can take their place confidently in the world and make a positive impact on those around them. We are a school where adults and children alike are learning together, growing in their faith and understanding, ensuring that all feel included and special. Holy Trinity is a place where all children can flourish and bloom.
Colossians 2:6-7 (NIV)
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Ephesians 3:17-18 (NIV)
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ…
John 15:1 (NIV)
I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
Our School Values:
- Provide the highest standards of teaching and learning underpinned by Christian values.
- Provide varied, stimulating learning challenges for children rooted in real, enriching experiences.
- Ensure that we nurture the physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing of children, including physical exercise and opportunities to learn in the outdoors.
- Work together as a team with children, families, the church and community to provide the best possible education.
- Ensure that children are valued as individuals and nurtured in a safe, happy and caring environment.
- Ensure that children have a wide range of experiences and access to a wide range of resources, including technologies to prepare them for the future.
- Provide opportunities that develop respect for other people, cultures, points of view and the environment.
- Teach children to develop resilience, accepting failure as part of the learning process.
Some examples of how we promote our values include:
- Developing children’s understanding of democratic processes through the work of our School Council.
- Our Creative Curriculum which incorporates Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural understanding as key elements across all topics.
- Striving to ensure that the school is at the centre of the local community by inviting in members of the local community and joining in with community events.
- Developing children’s awareness of, and care about, wider world issues through assemblies and worship.
- Charity fund raising events, chosen by the children.
- A broad Religious Education Curriculum which teaches children about different religions
- A clear, effective behaviour policy which has the principles of fairness, and respect at its core.
- Reward systems and certificates for embodying these values
In order to make our vision a reality, over the next 5 years, we will be developing the following key areas:
We will further develop and design our curriculum to meet the needs of the children in our school and the skills that they will need to be successful adults in the future. This will include further developing our broad curriculum including high quality teaching and learning in English and Maths; an understanding of personal, social and health education; British values; opportunities for music and performance; developing outdoor learning; ensuring good opportunities for Science, Technology and Maths; further developing learning about different cultures and religions; ensuring our ICT provision is up to date; ensuring good provision of PE and exercise.
We will continue to develop different learning areas in school in order to meet the needs of the curriculum, including provision for EYFS children, outdoor learning opportunities, flexible ICT arrangements so that it can be used across the curriculum, opportunities within school for children to be quiet and reflective, stimulating classroom environments, learning environments which reflect our multi-cultural nature.
We recognise that our staff are precious and vital to the success of the school and we will work together to ensure that they have opportunities to network with others and that staff skills and expertise are valued and well employed. We will ensure that staff have good professional development and that consideration is given to work/life balance when implementing new initiatives.
Whole school vision
It is very important to us that we are clear about our vision, what we are aiming to achieve and how we will do this. Our vision will be well known and understood by the school community and will be visible and clear as you enter our school. It will be clear to all that we are a caring, nurturing Christian school where everybody is valued. The 5 year plan and school development plan will detail how our vision will be achieved.